quarta-feira, abril 12, 2006

Outras Memórias




I was born in the Year 1632, in the City of York, of a good Family, tho' not of that Country, my Father being a Foreigner of Bremen, who settled first at Hull: He got a good Estate by Merchandise, and leaving off his Trade, lived afterward at York, from whence he had married my Mother, Relations were named Robinson, a very good Family at Country, and from whom I was called Robinson Keutznaer; but by the usual Corruption of Words in England, we are now called, nay we call our Selves, and writer Name Crusoe, and so my Companions always call'd me.

4 comentários:

Promenade Du Feu disse...

Na minha opinião provávelmente o mais belo parágrafo escrito na lingua Inglêsa...

Lúcio Ferro disse...

Ainda assim prefiro o parágrafo inicial de Moby Dick. Do you recall?

Promenade Du Feu disse...

Sim meu filhinho, tambem é muito bom e bonito. Sabes o que é que é bonito?

Lúcio Ferro disse...

Se o não soubesse não teria vindo aqui gastar o meu latim. Abraço, Pitinho.